Practically anyone who has ever had a foot massage will agree that they are one of the best massages out there.
Foot massages are so relaxing that they can even put a person to sleep!
They are also an important type of massage therapy that offer many other great benefits beyond relaxation.
Learn just how great a foot massage can be and why it is so worth visiting a spa to have one done by a professional massage therapist.
- Improved Circulation – Massage generally helps to improve blood circulation throughout the body. Foot massage can greatly improve circulation through the legs as there are many blood vessels that end in the feet.
- Lowered Blood Pressure - Foot massage has a great relaxing effect that has been directly correlated to lower blood pressure and a greater feeling of overall wellbeing.
- Reduced Anxiety and Depression - It can also reduce feelings of anxiety and depression, in part due to how massage therapy improves circulation but also because of that relaxed state that comes so easily with a massage of the feet.
- Reduced Pain from Migraines - Reflexology suggests that treating certain areas of the body can reduce pain in others. Based on this understanding, a foot massage is known to alleviate the pain of migraine headaches.
- Reduced Pain from Foot Problems - Massaging the muscles and tendons of the feet can reduce pain from cramping and plantar fasciitis as well as promote faster injury healing due to improved blood circulation.
- Reduced Foot Edema - Whether due to medical conditions like diabetes, secondary to an injury, or simply from inactivity, a foot massage two to three times a week can control edema in the feet. It is also a non-medicinal favorite of women experiencing uncomfortable foot swelling during pregnancy.
- Relief from Symptoms of Menopause - Based on the above benefits, a good foot massage can work wonders for some of the symptoms of menopause, creating better moods, increased feelings of relaxation, and reduced discomfort due to circulatory issues, high blood pressure, and muscle and body tension.
A foot massage by a trained massage therapist is much more than just a foot massage; it is a great improver of overall health and wellbeing when done routinely.
Massage therapy that includes foot massages can reduce or eliminate a multitude of problems by improving body circulation, reducing feelings of stress, and activating the immune system to promote faster healing.